- Welcome New Scouts
- Troop 2000 Active Scout Requirements is available here
- Check out our previous camp out photos under Gallery
- Letter of Appreciation from the JCPC
- Medical forms: Click here to download from BSA website or Download from T2K Forms Gallery link under Resources.
- Christmas Tree Recycling is almost here. This year Troop 2000 will have this event over three weekends following Christmas (Dec 26/27, Jan 2/3 and Jan 9/10). Scouts are required to sign-up for at-least two 6 hour shifts, one of which has to be the weekend of Jan 2/3. We will be doing Christmas Tree pick-up on the Saturday of all three weekends. There will be only Home Depot drop-off duty on Sundays. Remember - This is the Troop's biggest fund raising event and participation is mandatory unless an exemption is granted by the Scoutmaster.
Preparation for the Christmas Tree recycling is in full swing. Our goal is to increase last year's numbers by at-least 50%. We need adult volunteers in the following areas i. Onsite (Home Depot) Support, ii. Drivers, iii. Website and Driver Support and iv. Marketing. Sign-up Genius link will be posted shortly.
- New Nova and Supernova program: Troop 2000 is pleased to announce the Nova and Supernova program at our troop. More information is available at the Northern Ridge District website here and at the Boy Scouts website here . If you are interested please contact Mr. Burk Hufnagel during the Monday troop meeting.
Welcome to the online home of Troop 2000
We are part of Northern Ridge district and sponsored by "Johns Creek Presbyterian Church , Johns Creek, GA". We have scouts of several faiths. We meet on Monday's at the Church from 7:30 - 9:15 pm. Click here for directions to "Johns Creek Presbyterian Church, GA".
History of Troop 2000
Troop 2000 was, for years, Troop 143 in Duluth, GA. With a change in our sponsorship on January 1, 1998 we changed our troop number to Troop 2000. As Troop 143 we honored 13 Eagle Scouts and as Troop 2000 we have added over 100 more.
Boys learn by leading. Troop 2000 is run for the boys by the boys. They plan meetings and activities under adult leadership guidance. We are currently 80+ scouts. Our scouts learn and adapt to scouting values, out-door skills and respect for others in their journey to Eagle Scout and responsible citizens. Troop 2000 is committed to the safety of our youth.